Thursday, October 26, 2017

Philippines Day 5 : Motor Riding to Nacpan Beach and Sunset at Maremegmeg Beach

Today we planned to go to Nacpan Beach by scooter. When rented the scooter from the owner, the owner told me that need to be safe especially riding through the muddy road. He also taught me some technique to ride through the muddy road to avoid the brake cannot work.
The motor that we rented, PHP400 from morning until evening

The rear wheel is spiky tire. Good traction in the mud

We departed from the town at 9am. First, we had to add the fuel in the town. I added 2 liters fuel (PHP120) which is the amount suggested by the scooter owner. After leaving the town, it were on the national highway which is just 2 lane way for both direction transport. It is really their national highway. Along the way, I couldn’t see the airport, but the paddy field, small village, cow and goat etc. When passing through the Nagkalit-kalit waterfall entrance, we saw a lot of the same sign board writing the “Waterfalls. This Way. Parkingà”But we didn’t plan to go to this waterfalls as it will take 2 hours to go and back.

After riding 10 minutes from the waterfall entrance, we saw a small unpaved road writing the Nacpan Beach this way. After I turned into this small road, I started to get more alert on the road condition. After few distance, there are a lot of muddy potholes. My girlfriend had to get down from the scooter to walk through so that I can balance well on the road. For the first time to go through this muddy road, I ride very slowly that my foot was use as the supporting point. This lead to my foot was fully covered by the mud as my scooter was move down a bit when go through. After get through the first muddy road, I started to observe how locals ride through the muddy road. I saw there just go through the muddy road at the deepest point which the mud has been harden but it was covered by the muddy water which cannot see anything underneath. Hence, I also followed the path they rode. After that, it was paved road then I feel relieve. However, there are still unpaved road after that. This time I can ride through the muddy road with my girlfriend as pillion. Hence, I just went through slowly everytime no matter how deep is the muddy water. I think the deepest one was until the center of the scooter rim.

Muddy road. My girlfriend have to walk across while i ride through it.

Is really muddy!!

After an hour riding from the town and got through so many muddy water potholes road, finally we reached the entrance of the Nacpan beach. At the registration counter, they said it was free for today as the road is too muddy. Hence, I think they use this fee to maintain the road. Next, we rode in to more inner of the beach until we reached a place that there is no any people and few restaurant only. After washed my legs and bags with the seawater, we found a hut that no need to rent as the condition was not that good. The other hut is needed to rent for PHP500! After that, we started enjoying and photo taking at the beach which was only two of us. The sand is very fine but the water is not that crystal clear as the 7 commandos beach. However, the beach is very long and wide! We spend here for 3 hours which include eating some snack.

After reached the beach!

Found the hut that is free but not maintain.

Nobody on the right side

Left side have many restaurant and sunshade

Jump!

Jump!!





Long time no playing with sand!



1300 – Started to ride back. This time I went through all the muddy water potholes road successfully. However, I lose the scooter balance at a uphill then fall down. Luckily, that part of the muddy road is dry. We didn’t get any injured but just mud on the legs and hands. After that we can’t start the scooter with the electric started, I had to use the kick starter. After leaving the muddy road, we feel safe and relax.
Need to be careful when the tricycles come from the opposite. They drive recklessly

1430 – Reached the El Nido town, we had the lunch in the a famous grilled chicken restaurant.
Grill chicken breast PHP134

Pancit Canton Mee, PHP119

1530 – Departed to the Maremegmeg beach which is not far from the town to wait for the sunset. My offline didn’t show the maremegmeg beach icon but the Las Cabanas beach which is at the same place. After parked the scooter, we had to walked down stair from the main road. That time it was very sunny, hence we tried to find the shady place. We walked until the end of the beach since there is a small island blocking the sunset line. Then we put the sarong and rest there in the shady place. Around 5pm, then we moved to another place which is facing towards the sunset. After setting the Gopro for the timelapse, we sit and wait. After awhile, it was raining and they are many people leaving and finding the place to avoid the rain. But we still sitting to enjoy the sunset. Then rain is getting heavy that we felt so cool. While I just wanted to wash my foot with the sea water, I feel the water is hot. Hence, we immersed our body in the sea water to avoid cool. After sun set behide an island, we leaving the beach.
She sleep on the beach with sarong

The maremegmeg beach, saw the longest zipline in Palawan?

Nice sunset



1830 – Back to hostel, we bathed first before heading out for dinner.
Fishsilog, PHP80

Hotsilog, PHP80. It was really nice that out of our expectation.


R.I.P. to my Sony waterproof M5 phone as the screen blackoff during the dinner. It couldn’t be turned on after that. I think the water vapour was in the phone that make the phone can’t work anymore. Lucky that I still have another low end smart phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment